We are so thankful to Valera's parents who provide us with many vegetables from their garden. We went with them on Monday to help them "plow" the garden in preparation for planting. Below are some pictures from our day of work.
Nicolas enjoyed swinging on the swing they have there.
Zarina and Alexander enjoyed helping to water the plants. Alexander especially enjoyed it and did quite a bit of watering.
Nicolas also wanted to help and found a little pan to use. By the time he walked to the plants, there wasn't much water left in his pot.
The way many people "plow" in Russia - with a shovel.
We cooked some hot dogs on a fire for the children to eat.
Enjoying their picnic lunch.
Olga, Valera's sister, did a lot of digging.
Valera's father worked hard too.
Time for shashlik and salad. Valera's father cooked the pork shish kabobs on a fire.
Alexander after a hard days' work in the garden.
Zarina enjoyed swinging. We hope to have potatoes, carrots, red beets, cabbage, tomatoes, cucumbers, salad, and many other things fresh from the garden this summer and fall. There are even a few strawberries and raspberries. We are so thankful for all the fresh fruit and vegetables we are given by Valera's parents.
1 comment:
Hello Maude(and family). I hope and pray that this will find you all doing well. Our email is down yet again. So I thought that I would write you here a little bit. My sisters and I are very busy trying to pack for our trip to Texas. I can't believe that we are leaving tomorrow. I think that the weather is going to be very good there in the 90. So today we are going to finish packing and I think that we will be about ready to go.
It has been very nice and warm here for the last couple days which is very nice. My sister said that is it preparing us for Texas. And she is right.
Well I just wanted to say hi. Have a good week and I'll talk to you when we come back. I hope that by then our eamil will be working again. God bless. In Christ,Natasha
I think of you often.
Post a Comment